October 19, 2009

Pressed Sugar Cookies

The Corgyncombe Bakery
Ingredients:
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 large pat of Dairy Goat Carmella Lucille's butter
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

You cannot substitute margarine for butter as the margarine doesn't make the dough firm enough.
Tasha Tudor wrote to me about how white goat's butter was and she said "I use it in all my cooking! Delectable!"

Heat oven to around 375 degrees.
Cream together the sugar and goat butter. Beat in the egg and the vanilla. Mix in flour and baking powder with a wooden spoon. The dough will be quite firm. Chill the dough in the ice box for a bit.

Take a ball of dough and press with a mold that has been dipped in flour so it won't stick. Cut around the mold to remove the extra dough that has been pressed beyond the mold.

Making printed butter pats and pressed cookies makes your kitchen tasks more fun!



Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake for around 10 minutes and let cool on a rack.

The cookies have been cooling and are ready for tea. Diane gave Tasha Tudor several of these cookie molds. The cookies are sooo delicious and make the kitchen smell delightful! Diane has many cookie molds and has chosen an Autumnal theme for today's cookies.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 comments:

Paula said...

Dearest Diane and Sarah,

Another wonderful post! Your photos are lovely! The pressed sugar cookies not only sound delicious, but they are beautiful, as well! The autumnal molds are so pretty! I can certainly see how using those molds and butter molds make your kitchen tasks more fun! Thank you for sharing the recipe for these sweet cookies! I am sure Carmella Lucille's butter made them even sweeter!

Love and blessings from your kindred spirit,
Paula

Pearl sends hugs and greetings to you, Sarah and the corgyn!

Alea Milham said...

The cookies are lovley! I think I have some molds in my hoosier. Off to look for them...

Diane Shepard Johnson and Sarah E. Johnson said...

Dear Jane,

Thank you for your kind words about the sugar cookies.

They do make a wonderful gift that is very appreciated. I did just that. I gave some of those pressed sugar cookies to Tasha at Christmas.

My cookie molds aren't antique, they were carved especially as cookie molds. They aren't carved as deeply as a butter mold. Both are great fun to use!

Your kindred spirits,
Diane and daughter Sarah

Diane Shepard Johnson and Sarah E. Johnson said...

Dear Matty,

If I can't get to my churning right after separating, I put the cream in the ice box and then when I'm ready to churn I let it set at room temperature for a bit and then commence churning. I just love to hear when that buttermilk starts sploshing. I hope you have success with your next churning.

Your kindred spirits,
Diane and Sarah

Diane Shepard Johnson and Sarah E. Johnson said...

Dear Paula and Pearl,

The other day whilst visiting a friend I took her a sugar cookie. She commented to us that she also had a little white Bible.

Thank you for all your lovely comments.

Sweet hugs to you and Princess Pearl.

Your kindred spirits,
Diane and Sarah

Diane Shepard Johnson and Sarah E. Johnson said...

Dear Alea,

Thanks for visiting The Corgyncombe Courant. Hope you get a chance to make the pressed cookies with your molds.

We enjoyed your blog post about the pressure cooked Swiss steak.

Take care,
Diane and Sarah

Post a Comment